It’s a hard decision on who to choose when a loved one passes away, but at Loomis Family Cremations we can make that decision a little easier with our cremation code of ethics. Here is our process to ensure the highest level of respect and care for your loved one:
- Our personal identification band is placed on your loved one at the time they are transferred into our care. That band will stay with them throughout the process, will remain on them, and will ultimately be cremated with them.
- Your loved one is registered in our facility logbook with date, time of arrival, and the driver’s name who logs them in. Also, we get a copy of one of your loved one’s finger prints for identification and a family memento. Personal belongings are logged in and placed in a secure area for their return to the family.
- Your loved one will be placed in their personal cremation container within our secure facility. On the outside of the container we will write your loved one’s name, date they passed away, and the login identification tag number.
- If you wish, you may view our crematory. We offer a family viewing room and knowledgeable staff available to answer any questions or concerns you may have.
- Two individuals, a cremation technician and one of our staff members, will review all cremation paperwork and permits. This is to ensure authorizations and permits have been received and properly documented. Once all documentation is verified, both staff members sign off that everything has been filled out correctly and the proper permits are in order prior to the cremation.
- Right before the cremation process begins, your loved one is taken to our private crematory, and their personal identification tag number is noted in our cremation log book with the date and start time of the cremation and the technician doing the cremation.
- During the cremation the personal identification tag and permits are placed on the crematory control panel with the cremation checklist as well as the cremation authorizations by next of kin.
- After the cremation is finished and cooled down, the cremated remains are placed with a metal identification tag that your loved one was provided with when they arrived at our facility. The cremated remains will be placed into a temporary container or placed in the urn that you purchased.
- Return the ashes to the legal next of kin. Our staff will notify you when everything is complete to schedule a time for you to pick up or deliver the cremated remains.